This porridge is delicious and naturally sweet. It only takes 5 minutes to rustle up in the morning so you have no excuse not to make it!
The quantities below make enough for a toddler and a small portion of leftovers, which I’m more than happy to polish off. You can scale up the quantities and make a delicious and nutritious breakfast for the whole family.
Prep Time: 2 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
- 40g rolled oats
- 250ml whole milk
- 4 pitted dates
- a good pinch of ground cinnamon
- Quarter the pitted dates, then finely chop.
- Add all the ingredients to a small pan and cook gently over a medium heat for approximately 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. The oats should be soft and the desired consistency reached.
- Garnish with a small amount of chopped dates if you wish and serve.
- Rolled oats are the same as old fashioned oats.
- You can use any type of milk dairy or non dairy.
- You can blitz with a handheld blender once cooked if your bambino prefers a smoother texture.