This is one of the simplest lunches to put together. Arya loves croissants so I add three ingredients to the croissant and grill to make it more interesting. I serve with cucumbers and cantaloupe making a very colourful lunch plate.
Prep Time: 2 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
- 1 croissant sliced in half
- 1 tbsp of red or green pesto
- handful of grated cheddar cheese
- 4-5 baby tomatoes, cut into halves or quarters
- pinch of dried mixed herbs or oregano (optional)
- Spread the pesto to each half of the croissant.
- Top with cheddar cheese, tomatoes and sprinkle with the herbs if using.
- Grill on a medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until the cheese has melted and begins to turn golden.
- Serve immediately.
If you don’t want to use pesto you can always use a pizza base sauce or tomato puree.