These cheesy salmon patties are full of omega-3 and make great finger food for toddlers and babies. They are great for baby led weaning as well. My bambino loves these patties for a midweek dinner and I enjoy eating them too with a salad.
They are super quick to make and a great way of increasing salmon in your bambinos diet. As they are so simple to make, you’ll only need a few ingredients so you wont end up having to buy several ingredients you’ll probably never use again!
Prep Time: 10 minutes (plus 30 minutes refrigeration time)
Cook Time: 20 minutes (plus cooking time for the potato and salmon)
- 1 medium baking potato
- 1 small salmon fillet, approximately 130g
- 45g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 scallion, finely chopped (include green leafy parts)
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano or mixed herbs
- a good pinch of mild ground paprika
- a couple of twists of black pepper
- Heat the oven to 200C/400F.
- Wrap the potato in foil and place on a baking tray and roast for 1 hour 30 minutes. Alternatively cook the potato in the microwave for approximately 7-10 minutes until soft.
- Wrap the fish in foil and place in the oven for approximately 15-20 minutes until cooked through. Once cooked remove the fish and set aside to cool. Once cooled flake the fish, discard the skin and ensure any bones are removed.
- Once the potato is cooked, cut it in halve and scoop out the filling and place into a mixing bowl.
- Add the fish to the mixing bowl and all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 6 golf ball sized balls, then flatten to form patties and place on a foil-lined baking tray. Cover with plastic wrap or cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- To cook heat the oven to 200C/400F, arrange the patties on a greased baking tray and cook for around 20 mins or until golden and cooked through.
These patties are best served immediately however you can make them ahead of time up to 24 hours before consuming. Simply, refrigerate until you need to cook them.