One evening I was trying to think what to make for dinner and had a bunch of ingredients in my fridge to use up. I experimented and created a very yummy pasta dish for my toddler bambino. It was very tasty and both my husband and I ended up having it for our dinner too.
The below quantities make enough for about two adult portions and a small portion for a toddler. I served the pasta with a side salad and some homemade garlic bread.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 fillet of salmon (approximately 225g), cooked, skin removed
- 130ml single cream or light cream
- 65g uncooked pasta
- 45g broccoli florets, hard stalky parts removed
- 1 small leek, finely chopped
- 40g cream cheese
- 30g parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- a knob of butter
- 2 large cloves of garlic, grated or crushed
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- couple twists of black pepper
- Gently flake the salmon fillet, ensuring you remove any bones and set aside.
- Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions, drain then set aside.
- In a pan heat the butter on a medium heat. Once melted add in the leek, scallion and garlic and sauté until soft.
- Next add in the broccoli and continue to sauté on a low heat until cooked.
- Add in the cream cheese and melt. Stir to ensure all the vegetables are coated in the cream cheese.
- Next add in the single cream and parmesan cheese and continue to stir and simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Take the pan off the heat then add in the cooked pasta, flaked salmon and stir well. Season with oregano and black pepper and serve immediately.
I baked my salmon (covered in foil) in the oven at 400F for twenty minutes.
Add more scallion and garlic for extra flavour.